20 Questions for Sellers
The Twenty Questions a Professional Appraiser and Josie Morrison Must Answer About Your Home Before We Can Determine a Value.
1. The comparable on the date of sale and future market trend
2. Its value based on location
3. The site/view both looking at the property and looking from the property out
4. The design and appeal of the dwelling’s floor plan and amenities
5. The quality of construction
6. The age of the property and any improvements
7. The status of permits on all improvements
8. Condition of the property
9. Total number of rooms and square footage of each
10. Number and types of rooms (bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.)
11. Square footage (gross livable area)
12. Is there a basement or attic?
13. Is the basement finished? If so, number and types of rooms. Is there a walkout?
14. How functional is the property? Good, average, fair, poor? How much obsolescence is there?
15. Is there central air conditioning? What kind of heat?
16. What type of car spaces is available? (garage, carport, etc.)
17. Are there any special features that your property offers? (porches, patios, pool, fireplaces, special heating/cooling equipment, skylights, solar power, or special landscaping)
18. Were there any special financing or special sales considerations that might have impacted value for the comparable properties? Are there any offered on the subject property?
19. How is the money market affecting value (present value analysis)?
20. Were there any out of the ordinary motivations of the sellers on comparable properties?